Monday, October 15

A Christmas Decoration

Just want to remind you about the SPARK YOUR CREATIVITY challenge going on until the end of the month! Check out the details HERE and see what is being offered this month as a prizes.
 
I decided to decorate another bottle.
See below for a mini-tutorial on how I make the decorated bottle.
This would be great to put candy canes in!
Or pencils for a teacher gift!
You could put a tealight in it.
There's so many things it could be used for!

Challenges:
~Craft-Room Challenge-alter it
~Just Keep Creating-anything Christmas
~Party Time Tuesdays-anything BUT a card
~Alphabet-R is for recycle
~Craftymess-anything goes
~Eclectic Ellapu-anything goes
~2 Sisters-anything goes
~Totally Gorjuss-traditional Christmas colors


Here's how I paint my bottles.
Supplies:
~cleaned bottle
~acrylic paints (I use antique white as a base color)
~sponge
~tray (optional)
~clear spray lacquer
 

 
1. Pour some paint in the tray. Dab the sponge into the paint.
 
2. Dab the sponge onto the bottle. Let it dry THOROUGHLY.
Then do a second coat and let it dry THOROUGHLY.

 
3. Clean the sponge and then paint the bottle again with the color you want it.
Wait for it to dry and paint it the second time.
 
4. Once it's really dry, (I usually wait overnight) spray it with the clear spray.


5.Let it dry AGAIN and embellish it as you would like.
 
Decorate with ribbon, twine, buttons, rubons, strips of paper, flowers, etc.
 
Enjoy!
 

(¨`•.•´¨) Hugs
  `•.¸(¨`•.•´¨) from the
(¨`•.•´¨)¸.•´ Heart
 `•.¸.•´ ~DEANNE~
. . . psst, don't forget to check out my {PIN}spirational Challenge Blog !

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabby idea, love it, thanks for sharing at craftymess.

Donna Ellis said...

Thanks for the great tutorial and darling project share, Deanne! Marvelous job! Sweet little "keeper" or centerpiece, or goodie holder. Thans again, for sharing! You've been "pinned"

Migdalia said...

Fabulous and Creative!!

Andria said...

OOOH it's gorgeous - thank you for the tutorial, this is a fantastic idea, great gift and looks relatively easy to do.

Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week.

Andria

Laurian said...

What a fabulous decoration for Christmas - thanks for the tutorial and for sharing your lovely project with us at Ecletic Ellapu, I hope you'll come back and see us often!

Hugs

Laurian

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Oh My Deanne - this is such an awesome idea:-) TFS

Unknown said...

What a great project! I really want to try it out - I think it would be gorgeous with a tea-light in it!

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Angela said...

Wonderful idea and very instructive tutorial. Loving the christmas colours.

Thank you for taking part in the Craftymess 'Anything Goes' with us.

Ax

Sharon said...

What a stunning creation. Thanks for joining in the fun at Totally Gorjuss, hugs Sharon

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Great idea! I'm a candy lover and I would fill mine with candy. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Roxx.T

Total Page Views

I watched it live! April giving birth to Tajiri!!

I watched it live! April giving birth to Tajiri!!
April 15,2017

I watched it live! April giving birth to Azizi!

I watched it live! April giving birth to Azizi!
March 16, 2019- Oct 27, 2020 RIP April RIP Ap 2 2021