Thursday, July 2

☕ A Hug in a Mug ☕

The new challenge at FIRST CUP CHALLENGES is "always anything with a drink/beverage".

There's nothing quite like wrapping your hands around a warm cup of hot cocoa on a chilly Winter day. This card was inspired by that cozy feeling—the simple comfort that makes the Christmas season so special.

The beautiful sentiment, "Hot cocoa is like a hug from the inside" is the star of this design. I paired it with traditional Christmas colors of red, green, and white, then added white glittery paper to resemble a blanket of fresh snow. A touch of red-and-white baker's twine and a sweet candy cane embellishment finish the card with a festive touch.

I love how this design reminds us to slow down, enjoy the little moments, and share warmth with the people we care about. Whether it's sent with a heartfelt message or tucked alongside a packet of hot chocolate as a small gift, this card is sure to bring a smile.

I hope this card warms your heart.

Materials-cardstock, Echo Park pattern papers and sticker, baker's twine. glitter paper (dollar store)


Sharing my project with:
~Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge-Christmas card with coffee, tea or hot cocoa
~Merry Little Christmas-anything Christmas
~Shopping Our Stash-you're so sweet
~Word Art Wednesday-anything uplifting/encouraging
~Word Power-sentiment is main focus
~Christmas or Not BINGO-B (Christmas, red, free)


Happy Crafting, 
~DEANNE~

8 comments:

Diane said...

So creatively cute, the way the months are flying by it will once again be cocoa time, I'll take the heat anytime (I'' saying that as I sit here in suffocating heat LOL)!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Word Power Co-Owner

~amy~ said...

So super sweet. Love that sentiment.
Thanks for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge.

Barb Finnical said...

Very sweet card, Deanne! I love the colors and twine on this card and how bold the sentiment is on it. It will be hot chocolate season before long for sure. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is darling (and delicious), Deanne. Thank you so much for sharing your sweet art and creativity with us at both Word Art Wednesday and the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge. It's always a joy and a treat to have you play along and share your art.

dj said...

A sweet mug of cocoa...YES!!! Way to shopping your stash for our "You're So Sweet" challenge!! We are so glad you played along with us over at Shopping Our Stash...your card is so SWEET!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS577

Claudia's kaartjes said...

dees is zo leuk, tof gedaan. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Creative Knockouts
Very sweat card. So Great you join us at Creative Knockouts
Crea lieve Groetjes Claudia ❤️🦋❤️

Claudia
🦋✨ Claudia's Kaartjes ✂️🩷

I'd Rather Be Scrapbooking said...

Love this!

Monica C. said...

I love this! The sentiment is so true and the card really makes it shine.

Thank you for sharing your project at the Christmas [or not] BINGO challenge.

Monica C. DT Christmas [or not] BINGO Challenge

Total Page Views

I watched it live! April giving birth to Tajiri!!

I watched it live! April giving birth to Tajiri!!
April 15,2017

I watched it live! April giving birth to Azizi!

I watched it live! April giving birth to Azizi!
March 16, 2019- Oct 27, 2020 RIP April RIP Ap 2 2021