Sunday, November 17

Love My Dad!

My guest DT is continuing at LASTING MEMORIES. This week is to use plaid paper on your scrapbook page.
Here's mine of my dad as a boy and a young man.

A Treasured Memory


Sharing my project with:
~The Studio Challenges-before and after (my dad as a boy and as a young man)
~613 Avenue Create-use scraps
~A Place To Start-color inspiration

~Do Al(l) Kreatives-anything but a card
~The Library Challenge-book cover inspiration
(I used a sewing machine to stitch on my layout)
The Sewing Machine ebook by Natalie Fergie
~Crafting With an Attitude-anything goes
~Love To Craft-anything goes
~Not Just Cards-anything goes
~Paper Funday-anything goes
~Crafty Creations-anything goes

I miss my dad all year-round but especially this time of the year. He loved Christmas and getting his children that special Christmas gift, always something you wanted!! I remember the year that Cabbage Patch Dolls were popular and he managed to get 2 for the youngest girls!!! So sweet!
He bought me my first sewing machine, my first scroll saw, and my first hot glue gun. He knew what I liked!!

I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MISS YOU!!!!


Happy Crafting,
~DEANNE~

15 comments:

Jean said...

Wonderful layout and memories xx Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx

Alex said...

Amazing layout! Wonderful idea to show what time is bringing.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives{#35 – Anything but a card}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge{#35 – Inspired by a song}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#65 – Birthday}
*GDT* C.R.A.F.T. {#535 – Christmas}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Lori m said...

Fantastic scrap memory page, something to cherish forever, hugs, Lori m

Jane Willis said...

What a lovely tribute to your Dad.
Jane
GDT at A Place to Start

Donna Walls said...

Such a lovely tribute to your dad! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw. Donna - DT Member

Chrissy said...

Fabulous tribute to your Dad and great layout..

Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

A.Rose said...

I love that you used a sewing machine for the challenge! The colors are wonderful & great layout.

Marina said...

The stitching makes a lovely detail and the combination of sewing and memories on your beautiful layout, fits well with the book theme. Thanks for joining The Library.

Dorlene Durham said...

I absolutely LOVE this layout. Great photos. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

Chana Malkah said...

Very nice way to remember your dad! Whenever I hear "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire) I think about my father. He kept that song on the jukebox in his diner and played it year-round.

Your father looked the same as his childhood picture...his face was just thinner and the hair lighter.

Thanks for sharing your layout and your memories with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Sabina said...

Great layout and memories. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards.
Sabina DT

Doris Klein said...

this is so lovely! Very nice make for your dad!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days

karto_flana said...

Very elegant project. Thank You for joinig us at Do Al(l) Kreatives challenge. DT Ella.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is such a lovely make hun

Thank you for sharing with us at 'A Place To Start' this month
Hugs Shell xx

Michelle Mattie said...

Great take on the challenge. What wonderful photos of your Dad. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges!!

Total Page Views

I watched it live! April giving birth to Tajiri!!

I watched it live! April giving birth to Tajiri!!
April 15,2017

I watched it live! April giving birth to Azizi!

I watched it live! April giving birth to Azizi!
March 16, 2019- Oct 27, 2020 RIP April RIP Ap 2 2021